Friday, January 16, 2009

Tech talk series will be continued....

Yes, it's been a while and again I'll make the promise to be better at this. I've decided to change the focus of this blog, or more accurately, take away any focus and use it to talk about anything and everything instead of just tech stuff. Last night was my last Tech Talk presentation, although there is one more scheduled for next month I won't be doing it. We're bringing in an actual presenter to talk about digital photography something even I couldn't "wing" if I wanted to. I have, however, decided to continue the program throughout the year. We'll meet monthly and leave the topic open to the participants; they'll bring their questions, discoveries, etc and we'll go from there. Feedback has been great so far and I think, even though attendance is somewhat low, that there is a need for this forum and over time the group will grow.

Yesterday I registered for my next class, Information Seeking Behavior. This is the third time I've signed up for it - for some reason it scares me and I keep dropping it. Time to bite the bullet though and get it over with. The torture starts on the 26th, so I'm planning on reading for pleasure as much as possible between now and then, knowing that there just won't be any time for that once the class starts.

At work we're gearing up for the Inauguration Watch Party. If you're in the area please come - it will be a day to remember. We're setting up blogging stations and have arranged to have some press coverage so aside from the fact that this will be one of the most important days in the history of our country it should be a great opportunity for the library to get some good PR.

And finally, my latest favorite Firefox add-on: is.gd. Turns long urls into small, manageable ones very easily. Try it, you'll like it.

No comments: